How to Fix iPhone Failure to Connect to iTunes Store
There is a pop-up message "Cannot connect to iTunes Store" errors shown on my iPad as the screenshot below and I was getting this error when trying to update or install new iPad apps. I don't know what's wrong. Please help!
Do you also come across the same problem on your iOS device? If you do, please continue to
read, I will talk about this issue in a more comprehensive way.
- Part 1: What Might You See When Fail to Connect to iTunes Store?
- Part 2: What Cause the Failure to Connect to iTunes Store?
- Part 3: How to Fix the Issue on iPhone/iPad/iPod?
- Part 4: How to Fix the Issue on Mac/PC?
Part 1: What Might You See When Fail to Connect to iTunes Store?
If your iOS device cannot connect to iTunes store, you may see the following messages shown on the screen:
1. "Cannot connect to the iTunes Store. An unknown error has occurred."
2. "We could not complete your iTunes Store request. The iTunes Store is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."
3. "iTunes could not connect to the iTunes Store. Make sure your network connection is active and try again."
4. "We could not complete your iTunes Store request. The network connection could not be established. There was an error in the iTunes Store. Please try again later."
Of cause you can troubleshoot the problems according to the messages above and I would show you the details, please continue to read.
Part 2: What Cause the Failure to Connect to iTunes Store?
There are the common causes that could lead to the failure of connecting to iTunes store:
1. Your device's date and time settings is not updated, incorrect or off because it needs to authenticate the connection to your device with the settings.
2. Your iOS version is not the latest one and it may be not compatible with each other.
3. Something gets wrong with the connection to Internet.
4. A VPN can block Apple's digital content stores from working well. So if you use VNP on your device, it could fail to connect to iTunes store.
Other reasons like issues of your own device or Apple's servers could also end to the result and it it difficult to list them all. If you really have no ideas what the cause is, you can try the following methods one by one to fix the issues.
Part 3: How to Fix the Issue on iPhone/iPad/iPod?
If you are aware of the causes of failure for device to connect to iTunes, you can solve the problems with a targeted solution. Otherwise, you may need to try the troubleshoot steps until you can fix the problem. Here are the several methods to fix the issues on iOS device:
1. Enable date and time settings. Please go to your iPhone/iPad/iPod and tap "Settings" > "General" > "Date & Time" on the screen to make sure your time or your selected time zone is correct. If it is incorrect, select the right one.
2. Check for your iOS version and make sure it is up to date. Please tap "Settings" > "General" > "Software Update" to update the latest version.
3. Make sure you can get the Internet. If you use Wi-Fi, please check the network by tapping "Settings" > "Wi-Fi" and it is necessary to get a strong signal. If the Wi-Fi signal is weak or even could not be detected, please ensure your wireless router is normal or just get closer to it. If you're using cellular service, make sure that cellular data is turned on by go to "Settings" > "Cellular".
4.Disable the VPN. Please check the VPN and see if it is enabled or not by going to "Settings" > "VPN" on your device. If it is on, try to disable it and check the result.
5.Reboot your device. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button, drag the slider to power off your phone, and then press and hold the Sleep/Wake button to turn it back on.
Part 4: How to Fix the Issue on Mac/PC?
You may come across the same problem when you using Mac App Store or iTunes Store on your computer. And you can follow the troubleshoot steps to fix the issue of failure to connect:
1. Check Internet connection. You can check the Internet by opening a website on your browser, if it work well, then the problem is not the internet network. If you cannot open any website on your browser, you may need to contact your Internet service provider.
2. Make sure your software is up to date. For MacBook or iMac, you can check it by clicking the Apple logo in the upper-left corner. Then click "Software Update" and you can see the available update software. For Windows computer, please click "Start" > "Windows Update".
3. Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes. Please run iTunes on your PC and click "Help" > "Check for Updates" on the menu bar. Then follow the guide to update the latest version.
4. Make sure Firewall doesn't block the iTunes Store connection.
5. Check the Apple's System. Please visit Apple's system status online page. If you see the orange triangle sign next to "iTunes", it means that system has issues.
6. Reset Keychain on your PC. In some cases, the keychain can be the cause of this issue. Resetting it might help you to get rid the problem.
The solutions above can be fit with iPhone 7/7 Plus/SE/6S/6S Plus/6/6 Plus and the previous versions, iPad Pro/air and Mac/Windows PC. Any questions please contact us!