How to Fix iMessage Error: ″Waiting for Activation″
"iMessage Activation: An error occurred during activation. Try again."
iMessage is such a lovely feature in iOS devices. With the release of iOS 10, more funny features have been introduced. iMessage has been playing a significant role in my social network. Due to no extra fee for using it, it's almost the most used way for me to communicate with friends and family.
However, due to network issues like cellular data problem or Wi-Fi problem, some people might run into the failure of using iMessage with an error warning as below popping up and stopping you from iMessages.
- Notes: What to Do before Starting to Fix iMessage Error?
- Method 1: Ensure that Your Carrier Supports iMessage
- Method 2: Enable and Disable Airplane Mode
- Method 3: Reset Network Condition
- Method 4: Re-log in Apple ID
- Method 5: Restore iPhone with iTunes
Notes: What to Do before Starting to Fix iMessage Error?
If you're suffering from such an irritating glitch, let me help you out with 5 methods available. However, before you proceed to try out means below, let's check the followings. Perhaps you don't need any method at all.
1. See whether you can see your phone number listed on top of "Contacts" app. If not, please head to "Settings" > "Phone" > "My Number", tap and enter your phone number manually. Then, tap "Save" to keep the changes.
2. Ensure that the "Date & Time" are correct. Please go to "Settings" > "General" > "Data & Time" and toggle on "Set Automatically".
3. Make sure that your iPhone is not out of service and the network is working well. If your Wi-Fi is acting up, please turn on Cellular Data.
4. Check whether is a software update available on "Settings" > "Software Update". If it's caused by a bug, the problem might be addressed along with the latest iOS.
Method 1: Ensure that Your Carrier Supports iMessage
Though most carriers have supported iMessage so far, a few carriers might not be supporting it. Please contact your carrier and inquire about that. Make sure that your carrier supports iMessage before you go further.
Method 2: Enable and Disable Airplane Mode
If you run into iMessage error, it's highly possible that it's the network that makes you hit the snag. For most network problems, the first workaround to try out is to turn on and then off Airplane Mode. Though it sounds less plausible, Airplane Mode is actually able to shut down and re-connect network in no time. You can pop up "Control Center" or go to "Settings" > "Airplane Mode" to get it done soon.
Method 3: Reset Network Condition
If Method 2 fails, you should probably need a full reset of network condition. It will remove and clear up all the previous network settings saved in the past. Please head to "Settings" > "General". Scroll down to the last one and choose "Reset". Now, tap "Reset Network Settings". Then, iMessage feature will be working again.
Method 4: Re-log in Apple ID
Perhaps there is something wrong when verifying your Apple ID, so you might re-log in your Apple ID in iMessage. Navigate to "Settings" > "Messages", and scroll down to choose "Send & Receive". Now, tap on your Apple ID and select "Sign Out". Then, sign in Apple ID again to see whether the problem is solved. Also, it's worth trying to remove and add your phone or email once more.
Method 5: Restore iPhone with iTunes
The last resort is to restore your iPhone via iTunes. Technically, it's like re-installing system on your computer. Instead, it's re-installing your iOS software. Please make sure that iTunes has been updated to the latest version. Next, launch it and hook up your iPhone to it. When it detects your iPhone, click "Device" icon to enter "Summary" page and click "Restore".
If you have any iPhone problems, you can find solutions for different issues under the "iPhone" category. iFoneTips is dedicated to help you out with full guidance. By the way, if you lost iMessages on iPhone, no worry. Here I am.